jNetPcap is an open-source java library. It contains:
- A Java wrapper for nearly all libpcap library native calls
- Decodes captured packets in real-time
- Provides a large library of network protocols (core protocols)
- Users can easily add their own protocol definitions using java SDK
- jNetPcap uses a mixture of native and java implementation for optimum packet decoding performance
- Winpcap is also supported and all of its windows extensions are available, including remote captures.
To use jNetPcap in Linux, you have to add a reference in your project to jnetpcap.jar and copy libjnetpcap.so into /usr/lib.
Get it from here.