Ophcrack is a free Windows password cracker based on rainbow tables. It is a very efficient implementation of rainbow tables done by the inventors of the method. It comes with a Graphical User Interface and runs on multiple platforms.
- » Runs on Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS X, …
- » Cracks LM and NTLM hashes.
- » Free tables available for Windows XP and Vista/7.
- » Brute-force module for simple passwords.
- » Audit mode and CSV export.
- » Real-time graphs to analyze the passwords.
- » LiveCD available to simplify the cracking.
- » Dumps and loads hashes from encrypted SAM recovered from a Windows partition.
- » Free and open source software (GPL).
- » Some antivirus programs mistakenly identify Ophcrack as a Trojan or virus.
- » Software is freely available for download online.
- » Passwords are recovered automatically using the LiveCD method.
- » Ophcrack works with Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP.